StatCounter

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanks, Churro.

Something kind of incredible happened today during my lunch date with Josh at Rubio's. And it relates to my mother and something I noticed about her more and more as I got older. My mom is the type of mom who will literally give up anything for her kids. Whether it was her last bite of food, the better seat at the movies, the bigger cookie, the necklace she was justttt about to put around her neck that you quietly mentioned would look really good with the outfit you're wearing today, etc etc etc. Now, how does this relate to what happened at Rubio's? Well, I ordered the kid's meal (bean and cheese burrito with choice of chips and a churro, duh) which is what I get every time ***except for sometimes on Taco Tuesday, I'll venture out and get a fish taco. But the reason I love the kids meal so much is because you get all that yummy food for only around $5 AND (best part) you get to end the meal with a delicious, perfectly cinammoned-and-sugared, delectable churro. I mean, really, you should see this churro if you have never seen it. It's perfect every time! I look forward to it my entire meal. But on this particular Rubio's trip, Josh ordered a burrito he does not normally get, and at the end of his meal said, "Aww man, now I know why I never order that burrito...I'm still so hungry." And what was the first thing that came out of my mouth?..."Have my churro." Without thinking. I just said it. And the thing was, I really meant it. I legitimately wanted him to eat my churro, the BEST part of my meal, my favorite reason for ordering the kid's meal at Rubio's. After me rebutting all his protests of not wanting to eat the thing I look forward to the most, he finally ate it.  And I wasn't even mad, not even a little. It was right then, because of that stupid, funny experience, that I truly understood my mom and why she has done things like that and been that way my whole life. It's called true love.  My respect for my mom grew a whole lot today as well as the realization of how much I truly love my husband. And all because of a churro.

2 comments:

  1. Sharing a churro is a big step in the love ladder. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So first of all-you know Rubio's has been my most favorite restaurant t pretty much since it moved in to Temecula..and YES I can second that the churro is the most amazing thing in the world...well...runner up to the kids meal quesadilla. Wow-you must REALLY love Josh to give that thing up. You know what they say...Rubio's...does great...things.

    ReplyDelete