StatCounter

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Animal Frenzy

I had completely forgotten the existence of the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City until Josh and I were driving up to Park City on the 215 a couple weeks ago and saw the signs. I couldn't even wait until we both had a day off so we could go!

Patiently awaiting the start of the Bird Show.

I loved this little guy.  A Mara is one of the few mammals that has one mate its whole life...
how is that not endearing!


 This little guy knew how to strike a pose. We couldn't stop laughing.

You shy?

I couldn't believe the moment had between this child and this ape. Unreal.



 Oh hey guy. Wanna come home with us?

Nothing like a Sonic root beer float after a hot day at the zoo.

Since the elephant couldn't come home with us, we decided to bring this little guy home instead!
Meet Buster.
We just happened to take a different route home and pass a house with a sign that said "Free Kittens."
Josh immediately pulled over and I hopped out to knock on the door.
Upon entering the home, the lady brought out 3 adorable 9-week-old kittens.
It was love at first sight!
We are thoroughly embarrassed that we are officially "cat people," (having 2 cats now) especially considering neither of us have ever been cat fans - at ALL. But cats are easier than kids by a long shot, so why not?

Overall, zoo day equaled a big success.

2 comments:

  1. Those free kitten people were sure smart to put the sign up on the way home from the zoo. Who wouldn't want a free animal after leaving the zoo. I love Josh's smile holding the sonic. It's such a joker smile. He could be the next joker for sure. Move over Heath. Oh wait... shoot. Guuuyyyy, I wish we could have gone to the zoo with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the little guy striking a pose a meerkat? I love those animals. My favorite animal at the zoo is always the gorilla or monkey. I could watch them all day until they start picking their butts! How many times did you say "Oh, hi!" Fun day! You both are so cute. I hope Josh realizes how lucky he is. (Of course, you are lucky to have Josh too.)

    ReplyDelete