StatCounter

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy {Sad} Days

Since moving back to California, life has a had a whole new air about it.  We have been enjoying every second of this next chapter in our lives together and have had a lot of fun & excitement... Mixed with some of the worst sadness and pain I have ever experienced.  But why start with the negatives!  Here's what we've been up to...

Sold My Car
This was Josh and my first experience with selling/buying a car...and what an experience it was!  We sure learned a lot (including that we don't want to sell a car again for a long time).  So I said a bitter-sweet goodbye to my adorable, fun 2-door Type-S race car and hello to a smoother ride.

Enjoyed Family Time
Josh and I went down to Temecula last weekend because Kelly and Steve came down from Mesa.  I love when they come to visit, and considering they are moving to Pennsylvania in June for a year, this trip was extra special.  Steve had a Dermatology Convention in San Diego, so they decided to make a vacation out of it.

Celebrating Papa's 82nd (thanks for correcting me Mom!) birthday with his grandkids and great-grandkids.


Bought Disneyland Passes!
 
So tough... and twins?

 Going into It's A Bug's Life 3D!
 Under the Sea!
 Space Mountain!
 Post-Disneyland.
 Exhausted little ones fell asleep on the restaurant benches.

Overall, we have been having a lot of fun since moving back from Utah.  But one of the repercussions of moving was having to force our normally-indoor cats to adapt to being outside cats.  For the first two months, we had no issues.  But as of two Mondays ago, my little Merk has been missing.  I have finally accepted that I probably won't see her again in this life, but it has been the hardest thing I have had to deal with in a long time.


This month would have been her second birthday.  She was such a little baby!  2 years with her was not nearly enough.  I miss her everyday and keep praying maybe one day she will show up at our door.  But if not, Merk made me very happy while she was with us and I will love and miss her always.

6 comments:

  1. we had so much fun, and especially with all my brothers and sisters together! that rarely happens so i enjoy every minute when it does! i miss you already :/ and as for merk, i'm soo sorry:( but you will see her in the next life, and she is very happy wherever she is, i promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Merk...I cried after reading this:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing!! i miss her for you! how could you not look at that face!! I'm so sorry!! But disneyland- i'm so jealous. Ah we are obsessed with Disneyland, so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those pictures are so dang cute. all of you. and steve and kellys kids take the cake! when did penny get so grown up?? she's adorable! glad you all had a great time!
    ps soooo sorry about your kitty :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pictures. So glad u blogged again! I even got so sad when I looked at the pictures of Mercedes. I hope she comes home soon but if not u can be pretty sure she is giving Oliver a hard time now. I wish I got to go to Disneyland. Looked like so much fun! Annnddddd Papa is only 82!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay first of all, loved all the pictures.
    So you sold the sports car for a more mature car. Good move.
    You love your little brother, don't you. And he is sure strong. You little sister is growing up to be so beautiful. Nice miscellaneous family pictures. None of your family would even exist with Papa! Cute pic of him with his posterity. Steve looks a little nervous in that one picture where he is meeting Mr. Incredible. Josh looks natural as a dad with the little ones. Not now, but in the future of course. ;) Hilarious pic of the 3D family. Lyssa's face sure tells the story - looks like a fun and exhausting day! And now may we have a moment of silence for the wonderful Merk.......................two years is not long enough, but you have some wonderful memories and pictures. Loved the blog!

    ReplyDelete