StatCounter

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Home Sweet California

Josh & I were counting down the days to our surprise trip home. Besides my Mom and Tracy, no one even had any idea we were coming! My mom picked us up from the airport Wednesday night, and Josh and I were just casually sitting at the kitchen table when my dad and the kids walked in from Jon's baseball game after-party. Needless to say, they were beyond shocked and excited! 
Brooke walked in, took a step back and screamed followed by Jon who walked in, gasped, and then both ran straight to me and Josh, hugging us super tight. Jon even had to pull back to look at me again to make sure it was really me! It was a fun surprise.

But the excitement started even before we got all the way home. We had a 2 hour layover in Phoenix, so I thought it would be super fun to have Kelly, Steve, and the kids meet us at the airport for dinner! It was such a sweet treat, since I rarely get to see my sister and brother-in-law and adorable nieces and nephew!
 Picture-Perfect Family!

Going home means lots of good times mixed with some much needed R&R.

Hanging out poolside.



Hahahaha Brooke.

On the way to Mulligan's for some Go-Karts and Lazer Tag.



Look at that beautiful hair! Jealous, Mom.







Nothing like a little Boys vs. Girls lazer tag. It gets pretty wild in there.

Our family finds humor in strange things. We were all so slap-happy because it was late, and no one could stop laughing at this.


And one of the main reasons we decided to go down when we did was because it was Brookie's
Sweet 13!
We had so much fun celebrating all weekend. On Brooke's actual birthday, all the girls of course went and got mani/pedi's while the boys went shooting.

Princess Penny.


Brooke about to open gifts!


Cute little birthday girl! I can't believe she is a teenager now!
Showing off her new J.Crew hat from me and a new dance outfit.
About to blow out the Birthday Pie candles.


To continue the birthday festivities, the next day we went down to the beach.

Little teen on her cell phone.



Tracy & Penny.



And every night was game night at Tracy and Dan's house.
(Kelly, this is incentive for you to take a trip down with your fam. Josh and I promise to fly down again when you do!)


After spending a few days at my place down south, it was time to head up north to Josh's house. We spent a couple of days there relaxing, surfing (Josh), celebrating Austin's birthday, and shopping (me and Stacy)!

At the end of the trip, at LAX airport, we happened to spot Chris Robinson (Daryl from The Office, Funny Doorman from Knocked Up, and Nick from Hot Tub Time Machine). He went through security right ahead of us, and got away before I had time to throw my stuff back on (since you practically get naked to go through security these days) and ask him for a pic. So later on, when our flight got delayed an hour, I thought I'd go hunt him down while Josh sat with our stuff. I didn't have to go far, as he was right at the bar next to our terminal. I walked up to him, tapped him on the shoulder, and said, "Hey, you're from The Office right?!" to which he replied, "No, I'm from Chicago. But I'm in a show called The Office." Funny guy.
He was really sweet and put his arm around me tight for a quick pic. He then proceeded to ask where my husband was, and I pointed across the room over to Josh who was sitting nearby. "Daryl" put double thumbs up in the air to Josh and yelled "That's my man!" It was pretty funny.


All in all, we had an amazing trip. 
We cannot wait to go back again! 
Home sweet California.

3 comments:

  1. 1. ACTUALLY it was me that gasped and took a few steps back to see who it really was. Then I screamed. Jon said "Woooah!" Just to clear things up.
    2. HAHAHAHAHA yeah neither my toes (the painted ones..) or Jon' (the...sock ones) were funny. Definitely us being slap happy. Well it was midnight.
    3. We should have blogged the HILARIOUS story that Josh told us on the way home from gaming! Another midnight crack up.
    4. That big guy you met at the airport looks like a bundle of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did my comment go? i left one yesterday or the day before. what the heck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty sure i laughed really hard at the toe pictures. but i don't have to be slap happy to laugh at weird things. glad you guys had fun visiting california! it's always nice to visit home.

    ReplyDelete